What to expect from wedding ceremonies in the New Year
Thanks to Fetch Public Relations for their Press Release about Melissa Philips. After a very busy wedding proposal season many happy couples are preparing for that special day. Melissa Philips, wedding expert and owner of Simply Perfect by Melissa expects that 2011 will see some nuptials like never before.
Melissa's 2011 Wedding Trend Forecast:
- Tulle is coming back!! Soft overlays of tulle are softening gowns and making a comeback on bridal gowns. We will not see tulle used as fluff, but rather adding a feminine, soft touch to gowns.
- Two piece dresses are big!! Swap out the bottom for a second dress look at your reception.
- Mermaid style dresses are trumping the more dramatic trumpet gown. The fit and flair have been popular over the past couple of years, but the softer mermaid style has a little less flair and softer lines.
- Sleeves and/or straps on bridal and bridesmaid dresses are coming back. Designers are creating some great dresses that have soft straps, sleeves, and fun necklines. Strapless will be more of a choice than the only option!
- Bold is better!! We will be seeing bold colored palettes decorating weddings in 2011. Hot pink, coral, red, violet purple, emerald green, Clementine orange, and yellow will all be dominant colors this coming year.
- We are going to see more nontraditional decorative pieces added to wedding décor- unique vases (not traditional glass ones). These will be made of metal, colorful ceramic, and/or unique shapes. The focal point will be more than just the florals.
- We are going to see more furniture used. Lounge set-ups have been used for a couple of years. They are still popular, but they are not offering the same wow factor. Furniture pieces will be used for dining tables- less traditional round tables with a table cloth. We will be seeing more ornate tables that speak for themselves and unique chairs to accompany them.
- Wedding cakes are being cashed in for fun sweet spreads. Not your traditional sweet tables with éclairs and swan pastry puffs, but pie selections or an assortment of warm cookies.
- For those still using wedding cakes, buttercream is becoming popular again over it’s sister fondant. We are going to see soft cakes with unique details. The idea of multiple cakes is also coming back- no stair cases or fountains, but the idea of multiple cakes each with a unique flavor and décor that flows from one cake to another.
- For late night snacks….food trucks are hot!!! Hire a food truck to pull up outside your venue and let your guest pick their late night munchies curbside.
- Adding an embellished belt to a simple gown will add some glitz. We can thank Chelsea Clinton for adding this new trend to the list. The belt on her gown has created a buzz!
- Chunky fashion necklaces are going to compliment bridesmaid dresses. Simple dressed spiced up with an oversized or a long beaded necklace will give ‘maids a sophisticated look this year. The whole idea of reusing their bridesmaid gear will be big! This will means neutral dresses, and using flowers and accessories to add the wedding colors.
Muriel MacRae, owner of Del Sol Travel and Del Sol Destination Weddings, is a travel consultant and wedding planner who specializes in destination weddings and romantic getaways to tropical areas such as Hawaii, Costa Rica, Mexico, the Caribbean, and the South Pacific. Located in Calgary, Alberta, she plans destination weddings and honeymoons for couples in and around the Calgary area and throughout North America. For more information about planning your destination wedding, honeymoon, or romantic getaway, please contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 403-477-0643.